The 2021 OnCore Cup was exciting, fun, competitive, and wet! It was a rainy day at Niagara Frontier Golf Club, but it did not stop the competitors from making the drive out to Lewiston, NY. The duos were assigned to either Team ELIXR or Team VERO. Then, the duos faced off against the opposing team’s duo where they played the front nine as a team-best ball match and the back nine as singles matches.
It was a rainy battle between Team VERO and Team ELIXR. But, in the end, Team VERO came out victorious in a confident fashion. The points came out to be 23 to 16. Team VERO’s Richard Wosky (@rwosky) and Rich Hans (@rich_hansteam) had the low net score of the day totaling 140 (-2).
Team OnCore was proud to have Nathan Forrestel (@nathanthegolfer), who has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, played in the Cup with John Osberg. Nate overcomes this disability through his passion for golf and inspiring others to “Hit Bombs” just as he does.
The mission of the 2021 OnCore Cup was to bring individuals together to play in a different type of fundraiser tournament. The competitors had the chance to play competitively while having fun on an awesome course. Unfortunately, last year we could not create this event because of the pandemic. This year we wanted to bounce back with an epic tournament that can leave a memory in each of the competitors that played.
- Competitors came from a variety of locations that ranged from New York City to Wisconsin.
- Jeremy Kelly (@jk_kelley), Former NFL player, and current alumni manager of the Buffalo Bills came to play in the Cup.
- Professional golfer Natalie Sheary (@natsheary) of the Symetra Tour and PGA Professional Brian Jacobs (@brianjacobsgolf) totaled the low gross score of 146.
- Newest Team OnCore member Jacob Mertz fired gross 67 (-4) which was the low round of the day.
- Local band, Leroy Townes (@leroytownes), traveled to perform a few hits!
- Prizes included OnCore golf balls, golf bags, hats, and signed items.
Thank you everyone for coming out to Lewiston, NY to play in the 2021 OnCore Cup! A special thanks to the photographer Craig Melvin and videographer Kyle Toth. We would also like to thank everyone for supporting the First Tee by entering the 50/50 raffle. Below are the links to find your professional-grade pictures from the 2021 OnCore Cup and a recap video of the experience.